Sunday, September 24, 2006

Gender crisis

This so confirms it. Other than being anatomically and genetically female, I am male otherwise. I test male on theSpark Gender test. I play WoW and DOTA, and I actually play DOTA because I played Warcraft first. Yes I know, there are girls who wear makeup and all that who actually have been playing these games since Starcraft and before. And I sincerely think I will never be able to learn how to play Starcraft. Possibly,too, I am not like guy who plays DOTA because "don't go reading freaking manuals and study up on all the various heroes." Yes, I have confidence in myself that randoming heros will in the long run teach me how to naturally play them all. Just like my declarer play at bridge. I will learn from experience ok *gigglez*. Stop trying to make me do bridge master or the BBO deals bleah.

What I 'take pride' in during DOTA games is the insulting of opps (or possibly allies) who insult me or my teammates first. Perhaps insult isn't the right word here. Suan is more like it. When you yell on all about how you are going to pawn us fuckers, I am going to giggle and tell you that killing me because I get sex and you don't isnt going to satisfy your cravings. And of course the classic retort of 'Girls have no balls/other male genitilia'. Which usually gets met with 'You girl meh? Don't bluff!' What DOES this mean? That girls don't play DOTA, or that girls are too crap that I can't be a girl, or that girls are so much better than guys that my standard doesn't match up? Goodness knows. I personally think they are unhappy I actually could react in a totally unexpected way to their insult/suan/whatever.

Apparently some of my friends actually like me scolding the opps. One of them even asked me why I wasn't helping him in some game where I was particularly quiet.

And when I appear crap in a game, I will always blame the lag. My computer is rather sucky anyway. But obviously I'm never going to say I played like crap during a game because I'm female. Makes no sense to me at all. Unless of course I get my period in the middle of it all and have to go clean up and am really pissed at the world. (Betcha none of you guys wanted to read that statement buahahaha.)

Links to my posts on DOTA opponents and DOTA allies.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home